Terms and Conditions
You may send your own measurements to us. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any size errors and cannot guarantee that we will be able to replace the item. In all cases we insist outfits to be tried on as soon as possible on the Collection Date. Details of your wedding party’s suit requirements, measurements and contact details will be recorded on our system. Please refer to our privacy notice for further information.
We require a 25% deposit at the time of booking to secure availability for your wedding date. This will be applied against the hire price. If you cancel your order, the deposit is non-refundable. Please refer to sections 4 and 8 of our terms and conditions of hire for further information.
We reserve the right to ask for various proof of identification e.g. driving license/utility bill. Some outfits require a refundable security deposit.
We have a range of shoes available to purchase from £34.95 per pair. If you would like purchase shoes, sizes for all party members are required as soon as possible so that we can guarantee availability and avoid disappointment. Once your items are ready, we will contact you and ask you to collect them (this may be before your Collection Date).
TIES & ACCESSORIES TO PURCHASE
We have a range of accessories for purchase in our showrooms. We require payment in full at the time you order them. Once your items are ready, we will contact you and ask you to collect on or before your Collection Date.
ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE WAIVER (A.D.W)
We strongly recommend adding ADW to each individual hire outfit at a cost of £4.95. This must be confirmed and paid for before outfits are taken. ADW covers the hire garments for any accidental damage that may arise while being used appropriately by the wearer. It does not cover for loss or malicious damage and excludes cover of Top Hats. We reserve the right to charge for any damaged or mistreated items through malicious or inappropriate use. Please note that if you have personal wedding insurance, you will still have to pay us (at the point of the outfits return) in respect of any damage caused, and then seek to claim on you wedding insurance policy.
Please refer to section 6 of our terms and conditions of hire for further details.
COLLECTING THE OUTFITS
You must collect the outfit(s) on the stated collection day below and all try on the outfits as soon as possible on the Collection Day to check that they are all satisfactory. If there are any problems, please report this to us immediately. We cannot accept responsibility if you fail to do so. Please refer to section 5 of our terms and conditions of hire for further details.
Thursday between 5pm and 8pm. In some special cases individual arrangements can be made but can’t be guaranteed.
RETURNING THE OUTFITS
Outfits are due back on the next working day following the Function Date. Late returns will be charged for at £25.00 per outfit per day. If you are unable to return the outfits yourself on the Return Date, you need to make arrangements for someone else to do this for you.
All outfits must be returned on our provided hangers and within their individual suit covers. Charges are applicable for non-returned suit covers and hangers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. These Terms
- These are the terms and conditions on which we will hire the outfits to you.
- Please read these terms carefully. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the outfits for hire to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
- We are The Dressing Rooms Bridal Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 07485305. Our registered office is at 24 Manor Lane, Halesowen, West Midlands B62 8QB.
- You can contact us by telephoning or emailing our customer service team on 0121 423 2777 [email protected]
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
3. Rental Period
- We will try our best to have the outfit(s) ready for collection on your Collection Date. However, in rare circumstances, we may not be able to make the outfit(s) available for collection until 9.30am on the Function Date.
- The rental period starts on the date you collect the outfit(s) and shall continue until the stated Return Date.
4. Rental Payments and Deposit
- A 25% deposit is payable at the time of booking to secure availability for your Function Date. Subject to section 8 (Cancellations) below, the deposit will be applied against the hire price.
- Payment must be made in full for the outfit(s) no later than the stated Collection Date.
- We accept cash and all major credit cards (except American Express). Payments can be made in store or over the telephone. A detailed account invoice can be emailed to you if requested.
- You must collect the outfit(s) on the stated Collection Date between 5pm and 8pm.
- At the time of collection (and before leaving the showroom), you (or the person collecting on your behalf) must check the outfit(s) and let us know immediately if they are not as you expected.
- The outfit(s) should be tried on by you (and you must tell all other persons in your wedding party) to try the outfit(s) on as soon as possible on the day you collect the outfit(s).
- If there is any problem, you must let us know as soon as possible (and in any event, no later than 5 days prior to the Function Date), by contacting us.
- We will charge for replacing items where the size has changed from the agreed size on your order with us.
- Providing we are notified 5 days or more, before the function date, we will replace any item which
- is damaged; or
- is not the item listed on your booking form.
- If you fail to collect the outfit(s) before the Function Date, we will deem your order as cancelled and section 7 (Cancellations) shall apply.
6. Title, risk and accidental damage waiver
- The outfit(s) shall at all times remain our property, and you shall have no right, title or interest in or to the outfit(s) (save the right to use of the outfit(s) subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement).
- The risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the outfit(s) shall pass to you on collection of the outfit(s) and remain with you until such time as the outfit(s) are returned to one of our Peter Posh showrooms.
- You must notify us immediately upon returning the outfit(s) of any loss, theft, accident, damage or destruction to the outfit(s).
- If there is any loss, theft, accident, damage or destruction to the outfit(s) arising out of or in connection with your (including the rest of your wedding party’s) possession or use of the outfit(s) we reserve the right to charge you an amount equal to the repair or replacement value of any affected outfit(s) (or part of it).
- At any time before collection, you may purchase from us an Accidental Damage Waiver (ADW) to insure the outfit(s) against accidental Provided that:
- you notify us of any such damage upon returning the outfit(s) and
- that any such damage was not caused by your (or a member of your wedding party’s) wilful or malicious behaviour, negligence, misuse or mishandling of the outfit(s), and
- the ADW shall operate to mean that no further sums are due from in respect of any such accidentally damaged outfit(s) that you have purchased ADW for. The ADW shall not operate to cover loss, theft, non-accidental damage or destruction to the outfit(s) and section 6.4 shall still apply.
- The ADW shall not apply to top hats.
7. Your responsibilities
- ensure that you and your wedding party are measured (or have provided measurements) for the outfit(s) at least three weeks prior to the Function Date;
- let us know as soon as possible if there are any changes to your booking, but in any event, with at least three weeks’ notice prior to the Function Date (we may not be able to process changes to your booking after this date);
- ensure that the outfit(s) are kept and used only for the purpose for which they are designed;
- ensure that the outfits are hung or lay flat and kept within their suit cover and on its hangers at all times when not in use and returned in the same manner.
- make no alteration to the outfit(s) without our written consent (if there is any problem with the outfit(s) you must notify us in accordance with section 5 above and not attempt to make any alterations to the outfit(s) yourself (unless authorised by us in writing) – any alterations you make to the outfit(s) will be treated as damage and section 6.4 shall apply);
- not, without our prior consent, part with control of (including for the purposes transportation), sell or offer for sale, sub-hire or lend the outfit(s);
return the outfit(s) on the Return Date
- Either party may cancel your booking with immediate effect by giving notice to the other party at any time prior to the Collection Date.
- If you have placed your order over the telephone or by email, you have the right of a 14 day cooling off period, in which you are entitled to change your mind and receive a full refund for monies paid (this applies to orders for hire and non-bespoke purchase items only and not to personal tailoring).
- Subject to section 8.2 above, if you cancel the booking (or part of it):
- more than 14 days prior to the Collection Date, we may retain a 25% from the deposit payment.
- within 14 days of the Collection Date, we may charge you 50% of the hire fee per cancelled outfit.
- after the outfit(s) leave our showroom, we may charge you 100% of the hire fee per cancelled outfit (and for the avoidance of doubt, no refund would be due).
The cancellation charges set out above are to cover the costs we incur processing your order (including but not limited to administrative, shop measurement service and care, labour, cleaning and delivery costs).